Transfer from Bergen

Transferring successfully takes planning and preparation

Recently, the Governor and state legislature created a law that established a statewide transfer agreement for students transferring from a New Jersey community college to a New Jersey public four-year college or university.

Bergen students can now seamlessly transfer their academic credits from a completed community college Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree program to a Bachelor’s degree program at New Jersey’s public four-year colleges and universities. Associate in Applied Sciences (A.A.S.) degrees, which typically prepare students to enter a career, are not covered by the new transfer law.

While the law does not cover New Jersey’s private colleges and universities, many of those institutions have established similar policies that allow community college graduates to transfer with full junior standing.