Non-Degree-Seeking Students

Non-Degree Students are those who do not intend to pursue a degree or certificate at Bergen Community College. 

Non degree seekers plan to: 

• Take courses at BCC and transfer the credits to another institution (Visiting Students) 

• Take courses for personal or professional development 


Non-Degree Students: 

• Must complete the Non-Degree Registration form. 

• May need to provide proof of required prerequisites, an unofficial transcript and course descriptions of completed prerequisites. Those registering for Math or Science courses may be required to obtain a departmental signature. 

• For those registering for a remedial Math or English course, it may be necessary to take the BCC placement test. See for testing times. (Make sure to click on the Accuplacer Placement Test Dates.) 


Steps for Non-Degree Students:

  1. Determine which classes you would like to register for by searching (Under STUDENTS you can search for Open Sections.) 
  2. If the course you desire requires a prerequisite, you will need to obtain an unofficial transcript from your home institution or take a BCC placement test to satisfy the requirement. (Note: Some Math and Science courses do require a more detailed review by the Department.)
  3. Complete the Registration Form and submit it to the One Stop Registration Area with any proof of prerequisites needed. Bring the completed form to: The One Stop Registration Area (Room A129) in the Pitkin Education Center, 400 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 or email it to If emailing the form, please check your email within two days as we will send you an email confirming your registration or notifying you of any problems.
  4. Pay for classes upon completion of registration. Either let the Registration attendant know that you would like to make a payment so they can queue you into the Bursar line or go to:
  5. Visit to look up your BCC username by clicking the “What’s my Bergen Username?” link. 


• It is the responsibility of the Visiting Student to ensure that classes will transfer to their home institution 

• It is the responsibility of the Visiting Student to request an official transcript be sent from Bergen Community College to the home institution upon completion of the course. This can be done at:

• Non degree seekers are not eligible for Financial Aid. 

• Non degree seekers must bring proof of address (driver’s license or utility bill) for in person registration. 

• If someone else is registering on your behalf, that person MUST bring the Registration Form, a copy of your ID and a signed letter from you stating the name of the person registering on your behalf. Your designee must also have ID.

For more information, please click here (Non-Degree Student Registration Information).